I’m sure you’ve already heard the news. The Senate Committee vote ended in a deadlock. Here is how the committee members voted.
Yes (Voted to pass HB444)
- State Senator Brian Taniguchi, D-10th (Manoa, McCully)
- State Senator Dwight Takamine, D-1st (Hamakua, South Hilo)
- State Senator Clarence Nishihara, D-18th (Waipahu, Crestview, Pearl City)
No (Voted against HB444)
- State Senator Mike Gabbard, D-19th (Kapolei, Makakilo, Waikele)
- State Senator Robert Bunda, D-22nd (North Shore, Wahiawa)
- State Senator Sam Slom, R-8th (Kahala, Hawai`i Kai)
State Senate President Colleen Hanabusa said she supports recalling the bill for a full vote by the senate. Please urge your senator to support HB444.
To find out how to contact your representatives read a post from Capsun.org, “Be An Informed Citizen” which can be found here: http://capsun.org/2009/01/21/be-an-informed-citizen-this-session/. This post is filled with great resources not just for this bill but for any bill you want more information about.